Faculty of Major Language Studies was established in 2004 with the first intake of Bachelor of Arabic Language and Communication in the academic session 2005/2006. This faculty was established to produce graduates knowledgeable, skilled and professional in the field of language studies. In addition, the expected language learning can and open to researchers and educators to study, research and disseminate relevant knowledge, thus allowing the USIM produce human resources of a global, confident and competitive. Mastery of various languages enables students to study and learn the culture and civilization, and create a tolerant nation, dynamic, visionary and high-minded hopes and aspirations according to the government in making Malaysia a developed and competitive.
1. Prof. Emeritus Tan Sri Dato ‘Dr. Hj Abdul Shukor. Hussein (2004-2006)
2. Prof. Dr. Rosni Samah (2006-2009)
3. Prof. Dr. Bhasah Abu Bakar (2009-2012)
4. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Noor Azizi Ismail (2012-2018)
5. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nurkhamimi Zainuddin (Present)